Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Gay Flag? Breeder Flag?



So I was at the Yumbo Centre in Gran Canaria. And I mentioned before that the place is a huge gay complex with all kinds of gay bars, restaurants, clubs, etc. And I was there with a straight Polish friend.

And as we entered the complex, we noticed a large number of country flags waving in the wind outside the complex - all of them flags of various countries - with the exception of one seven coloured flag - the gay rainbow flag. (rainbow flag history - here)

And my Polish friend is like - "What the hell? Why do you gays get a flag? Where's  my straight flag?'"

I laughed. And then wondered aloud if there was indeed a "breeder flag" (I call him a breeder if he uses the word gay in a derogatory manner). If there was one, it would probably be a (boring) black and white thing. Yeah - he wasn't too happy with that either.


No comments:

Post a Comment