Monday, September 17, 2012

Gay Indians.




So I'm in London, and there's a ton of Indian gay guys here. And they come in all shapes, sizes and castes. I've met some crazy ones. But all of them seemed to have one thing in common - They were not out, and had hidden their gay life like some dark dirty thing.

Which saddened me quite a bit.

Maybe I shouldn't have expected anything different, even outside India.

So a 28-yr old hunky Punjabi guy that I ended up doing the naughty with, has been living in London for the past 8 years (hiding from his family back in Punjab) and cannot even contemplate telling his parents, and might even concede to a 'fake' marriage with a girl to carry on.

I was like, come on!

Wake up guys. Stop cribbing about how difficult it is to be gay in India. I've been through it.

Be brave. Stand firm for what you believe in.

2 comments:

  1. Well things are changing (although at a VERY slow pace). I am sure you must have heard about the Naz judgment? The Supreme Court's decision is probably gonna come after December.

    I think, in India besides the obvious social ostracism and stigma, identity crises is quite common. So many people even if they harbour anything which might be considered as deviation just shun themselves for the fear that they might be gay. Plus, the cultural construct - heterosexual or homosexual - top or bottom - male or female - really fucks up with a person coming in terms of their own individual self.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi people, I have a good news for LGBT community people. Since we all know how hard to find a partner in India because of all the negativity in the air, therefore we came up an idea and developed an app for LGBT people. You can download by directly following the given link. The Delta LGBT Community People

    ReplyDelete