Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Berlin, Berlin.





Okay ...

So in the midst of my summer romance, I kinda skipped posting a few things about Berlin. I was there on Gay pride weekend (coincidence), and did see a bit of the pride passing by (Christopher Street Day - They call it CSD). I think Berlin's the largest gay pride in the world - and man, was the pride parade massive?!

But one of the things that I was most surprised at was the cruising areas in Berlin. I mean; I've seen cruising areas in lots of places - but Berlin had cruising areas in the Tiergarten gardens in the centre of the city. And that city has a population of 3.4 million people and is the capital of Germany - and the whole location is not only central, it's right next to the segassaule and to the German parliament.



So there's guys shagging right next to the German parliament. (okay, 500 meters away). Pretty astounding. Wonder how long it'll last.

As for me; I'm not too into cruising (combination of I'm too much of a pussy, and I find it a bit icky). And I guess I'm kinda a hypocrite considering that I just confessed to having sex in a forest, but I'll have to say that was different. And it was my good ol' German buddy who took me there in the first place - and curious as hell, I went along - only to find that both he and I were never actually going to do anything there, but were both wanting to check it out.

Gay chicken? Indeed.

Berlin's over for now, But it was great. In my travel experience, with all of it's gay bars, districts, clubs and parties, Berlin is definitely the gay capital of the planet. And that includes it being far ahead of the Canaries I visited in May. And it's certainly not for the faint-hearted. :)

http://gaytravel.about.com/od/previewsofpridefestivals/qt/Berlin_Gay_Pride.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment