Tuesday, March 30, 2010

How much we hate ourselves.


With Ricky Martin’s coming out of the closet (Finally – it now turns out that two major artists I used to listen to as a teen – Darren Hayes and Ricky Martin have both come out as gay – with their own sweet delays), one would think that gay acceptance is taking on a new level. I mean even ALL the newspapers in India are filled with reports about Ricky Martin’s coming out.

But then again, as soon as I log on to Planetromeo, or meet most people, I can’t help but realize how much we hate ourselves.

Part of this is due to staying in the closet (I’m partly to blame – remember my good ol’ hypocrisy?) and looking down on us fags even though we belong to the same community, but what I’m actually talking about is the hate people have embedded in their profile messages – “Flabby’s, fat’s and fems, stay away.” That kinda stuff really shows the discrimination amongst us.

Tough nut to crack, this hatred amongst us. Let’s see how it all develops with time.

1 comment:

  1. I recently came across your blog.I thought I would leave my first comment.Where do I begin, I’m about 2 yrs into a relationship that has had a lot of turbulance due to ED. I cannot make love to partner or share any intimacy in the bedroom which i use to hate. Anyway all I can say is that I’m trying this new product INVIGO and iam reaching that pleasure. I think there is hope for everyone, Thanks to INVIGO!we can reach it at www.invigo.in

    ReplyDelete